Thursday, August 23, 2007

Satan Closes Weekly World News

I’m greatly saddened to hear that the Weekly World News, “the world’s only reliable newspaper” is discontinuing its print edition.

What am I going to use for Sunday School material now? One edition I bought earlier this month had a cover article on “How to Avoid Damnation.” These are the things I want my youth to know.

The reputable news source will still be online. But it won’t be the same. There’s nothing quite like going into the grocery check-out line and being greeted with ground-breaking news coverage like this.

I really think the Evil One himself is behind this. Weekly World News must have blown his cover one too many times.

More true stories on this here and here.

This is a sad day.

1 comment:

Mike the Geek said...

NO! Say it's not so! The Weekly World News has been the source of enormous joy over the years.

Several years ago, I got in a (fun) argument with one of the Senior Execs of my company over what constitutes good journalism. He thought the sun rose and set on the New York Times. I bought him a subscription to the WWN, delivered to the local companyheadquarters, so he would have access to snother publication of equal journalistic credibility.