Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How to Fit in at Church

Some of my good readers may be considering actually going to a church. Going to an Anglican church for the first time can be especially awkward. A Pentecostal friend of mine came with me to my church for Evening Prayer complete with the singing of The Litany.

I’m glad to report he is recovering from clinical culture shock and is doing better.

Well, the Rev’d Daniel Sparks has some helpful hints on how to fit in at church.

You’re welcome. Always glad to help.

Aside:
Sadly, the cell phone bit is only too true. At a recent FUNERAL with which I assisted as Lector, cell phones kept going off.

The first time, I can understand. It’s easy to forget to turn off your cell phone. But you’d think that first time would prompt others to turn off their phones. Nope. Cell phones kept going off again and again and . . .

1 comment:

Undergroundpewster said...

Oh no, please do not inflict the "Great Groan" on a newcomer. We should post warnings like we do before slinging incense.
Add to things not to do...I think it was Larry the cable guy who said his uncle popped a beer can at a funeral, I guess to keep from going into D.T.s