Thursday, January 20, 2005

The International Adventures of the Reformed Episcopal Church (continued)

I’ve said before here more than once, that when it comes to Anglican realignment, you gotta watch the REC.

Well, more good news has come out. Talks between the REC (and partner church APA) and ++Peter Akinola, Archbishop of Nigeria, are proceeding fast enough that the Archbishop has invited two REC bishops and the Presiding Bishop of the APA to Nigeria to push things along further still.

One of the two REC bishops, +Ray Sutton (yes, the one who confirmed me), has also revealed that “We have already have several conversations with provinces in this part of the world.”

I’m a bit pressed for time. And I probably shouldn’t engage in speculation anyway. But I’ll say it again: You gotta watch the REC.

By the way, on the home front, the REC is growing, opening a new church a month for the last 6 months.

Can you tell I’m happy I joined?

No comments: