Monday, January 24, 2005

"Be strong!"

The two scripture lessons from yesterday’s Morning Prayer service got a hold on me. They were the beginning of Joshua and 2 Timothy 2:1-13.

God exhorts Joshua three times to “be strong and courageous.” Paul exhorts Timothy to “be strong” and to fulfill his purpose to pass on the Faith and to make disciples.

One reason this theme grabbed me is I know God is not having me move to Corpus just for my own enjoyment. I know he has greater purposes. But I can also sense that, now that the time for completing my move draws near, it will be a temptation for me to get lazy and timid and not strive to fulfill God’s purposes for my moving.

So it’s good to be reminded to “be strong” and not wimp out.

The fun of having dreams about the future and about serving God and others is one thing. Actually stepping up and following through is quite another.

No comments: