Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mayor of Rotterdam Tells Fellow Muslims Who Do Not Appreciate Freedoms of West to…

I was tempted to conclude the above headline, but I wish to avoid naughty language.  Nonetheless, I heartily concur with the Mayor of Rotterdam’s comments.  And that they come from a Muslim is so much the better.

Appearing on live television just hours after the shootings, Mayor Aboutaleb said Muslims who 'do not like freedom can pack your bags and leave'.

Labour politician Ahmed Aboutaleb, a former journalist who was appointed mayor of the Dutch city in 2008, is known for his straight-forward stance on integration.

The 53-year-old won the praise of London-mayor Boris Johnson over his comments last week, attacking fellow Muslims who move to Western nations and refuse to accept the way of life. 

'It is incomprehensible that you can turn against freedom,' Mayor Aboutaleb told Dutch current affairs program Nieuwsuur (Newshour).

'But if you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake pack your bags and leave.

'If you do not like it here because some humorists you don't like are making a newspaper, may I then say you can f*** off.

'This is stupid, this so incomprehensible. 

'Vanish from the Netherlands if you cannot find your place here. 

That so needs to be said, not just in the Netherlands and not just to Muslims.  The West, including the U. K. and the U. S., is being greatly undermined by various groups who appreciate neither the cultures nor the freedoms of their host countries and even act in opposition to them.  Such people need to be told in no uncertain terms where they should go.  

I best not expand on that (for now) lest I get on a really good rant.


Yes, I have had enough.  I am glad to see I am not the only one.

No comments: