Thursday, January 15, 2015

Duke to Broadcast Muslim Call to Prayer

Before you even think I am a Duke hater, I am a Duke alum.  I graduated with honors.  So Duke-hate, no.  Duke-disgust? Oh, yes.

Duke will broadcast, yes with amplifiers, the Muslim Call to Prayer from the bell tower of its chapel tomorrow at 1pm.

I only wish I were joking.

Look, I have no problem with Muslims being allowed to have an UN-amplified call to prayer from a site other than the iconic Chapel.  But broadcasting it like this from the University Chapel is utter submission to Islam.  Which reminds me . . . Islam means "Submission," and so does Liberalism.

And let’s cut the crap that this is about tolerance.  Well, this is about “tolerance”, but Duke has already demonstrated it is not that interested in real tolerance:

Duke University has a long history of fostering political correctness and hypersensitivity, from Chick-Fil-A’s removal from campus, to hosting a the national Palestinian Solidarity Movement conference, and to canceling a pro-life event in their Women’s Center on campus.

It is more about Duke becoming yet another politically correct bad joke in higher education.


I hesitate to say what I would do tomorrow at 1pm if I were still a Duke student.  But I do hope current students show some good gumption and visibly refuse to submit.  Given their conduct at basketball games (which goes back to my day), I am confident in their ability to be creative about that.

No comments: