Wednesday, December 23, 2015

King’s College Christmas Broadcast Schedule

I know many of my readers make a point to include King’s College in their Christmas celebrations.  For me, Christmas begins just past 9am (Texas time) on Christmas Eve when a lone boy sings, unaccompanied, the first verse of Once in Royal David’s City before the packed Chapel and a listening world.

So for your assistance, I am posting the schedule for the Christmas broadcasts from King’s.  The information comes straight from King’s College itself.

The times below are UK times.  Subtract 6 hours for the Central Time Zone, U. S.  And, unfortunately, Carols from King’s can only be seen on TV in the UK, not in the U.S.  (Please correct me if I am mistaken!)

And for those who have SiriusXM Radio, I think BBC World Service is one of your channels.

Have a Happy Christmas!  

Christmas Broadcast Dates

Daily Service (Choral Scholars)
24 Dec 0945: BBC Radio 4 LW

A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols
24 Dec 1500: BBC Radio 4 / World Service

Carols from King's
24 Dec 1715: BBC Two

1954: Carols from King's
25 Dec 0235: BBC Four

Carols from King's (repeat)
25 Dec 1100: BBC Two

A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols (repeat)

25 Dec 1400: BBC Radio 3

3 comments:

Mark said...

I've just been told that Carols from Kings can be accessed from the U.S. via a VPN service. But I have zero experience with VPN services, so I will have to leave it at that.

wannabe

Anonymous said...

All Classical Portland (allclassical.org) will be broadcasting at 7 a.m. PDST.

Anonymous said...

Oops! That is "Pacific Standard Time", not what ever that is that I posted above.