Thursday, April 25, 2013

FALL OUT!


No, this post is not of religious or political import.  And good luck if you were hoping for that from me today.

For here along the Texas Gulf Coast we are experiencing a fall out the like of which I have never witnessed.  No, a nuke plant did not blow up.  A strong April cold front has slowed and worn out birds migrating across the Gulf, and they now are literally falling out of the sky along the coast to stay and rest and feed a day or two.

To give an idea what this is like, I looked out a window and saw a Summer Tanager, a Scarlet Tanager, and a flock of Indigo Buntings almost at the same time.  I then looked out another window and saw a Rose-breasted Grosbeak, and Orchard Oriole, and a flock of Catbirds.  I’ve experienced fall outs before, but not like this.

In short, if you live along the Texas coast, stop reading even this erudite blog and GO OUTSIDE! . . . or at least look out your window.  I will.

No comments: