Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wisconsin Quacks Who Handed Out Fake Sick Notes to be Investigated

I agree with Allahpundit. The result of any investigation will likely be “wrist slaps for everyone.”

But I am glad I am not the only one outraged by the unethical behavior of those doctors who handed out phony sick notes to union protesters in Madison. Even some of a left of center bent are taken aback:

[Those doctors have] managed to belittle a public trust between physicians, employers and patients. A doctor's sick note is a serious document. It represents an employer's desire to verify through a respected, independent, medically qualified third party the fact of an illness and the true need for convalescence. In the videos now circulating online, we witness multiple members of a noted family medicine department trash one of the well-recognized rights and privileges of their profession, with little forethought as to the consequences.

If I found out my doctor engaged in such behavior (and he would not), I would immediately inform him I no longer required his services. So others can make an informed choice, I hope the names of all the doctors who handed out phony sick notes are publicized.

No comments: