Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weather and Holy Week

I’ve always liked it when weather enhances worship. I experienced that once again this morning as an ominous dark cold front moved through during my personal Morning Prayer with singing of the Litany. When cold fronts hit the humid Gulf of Mexico air down here, it’s often something to see. It continues to be a stormy Holy Wednesday morning. It’s thundering as I write this.

Easter on the other hand always seems bright and sunny. I can remember only one or two times when it hasn’t been. (This year may be another one of the exceptions, though, if the forecast is right. But we get so much hot sun, we don’t complain about rainy days here in Corpus.)

Do you have any memories of weather enhancing worship, especially during Holy Week?

No comments: