Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Obama: More Re-election Fundraisers than Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton and Dubya COMBINED



 A new book, The Rise of the President’s Permanent Campaign by Brendan Doherty, asserts that Obama has already held more re-election fundraisers than the previous five presidents combined.  His numbers:

Carter                            4
Reagan                          0
Bush, Sr.                       19
Clinton                          14
Dubya                           57
Obama                          104 (as of March 6th, 2012)
And, of course, if you are one of the chumps who pay federal taxes, you are paying for a great deal of all this fundraising.
But let it not be said that Obama is not hard at work as our president.  He has been working hard on his golf game with 95 rounds of golf at last count.
Heck, I used to be an avid golfer until my swing left me for good.  And I am not sure I’ve played 95 rounds in my life.  I certainly have never played that much golf in a four year period.  That and all that fundraising. . . .  Where does Obama find the time?

No comments: