Friday, February 27, 2015

Fear and Loathing

I was going to post on Politico’s interview of Eric Holder.  I know – me, link Politico?  But do go read it.  I swear Holder is a race-baiting piece of work.  He wants to make it easier for the Feds to file trumped-up charges of civil rights violations against those who dare defend themselves against thugs of color.  He hopes to start an Eric Holder Institute for Race and Justice – that is not a joke!  What is sad is that there is surely a university all too willing to stoop so low.

But I want to get more personal.  Back in the first half of 2009, I felt under perpetual bombardment from Obama, Holder, etc.  It seemed it was something every day.  I feared for my country.  I feared for our – and my – freedom.  I said the collect from Morning Prayer, “Defend us thy humble servants in all assaults of our enemies” with added fervor.

It even affected me physically, wearing me down at times.

Now I get the awful feeling it is happening again.  And I am getting that same feeling of dread again.

It really should not be happening again.  After last year’s election repudiating his party, Obama has far less lawful power than he had in 2009.

But “lawful” is the key word there.  Now that Obama does not have another election in front of him to hold him accountable, his concern for what is lawful is less than ever.  And the Republicans we elected to stop him are doing precious little to do so.

So his regime, more lawless than ever, pushes a new enormity every day it seems.  His FCC, independent in theory only under Obama, passes so-call net neutrality, increasing Fed power over the internet, without even publishing ahead of time what they were voting on. 

That’s how totalitarian governments work.

Obama is seeking to ban a type of AR-15 ammo; the 2nd Amendment be damned.

The ATF is confiscating property without court authorization or even a criminal charge.  Who gave it that power? Eric Holder.  And does he have the lawful power to do that? Shut up with your questions and concerns about civil rights.  Civil rights are to protect favored classes like thugs of color, not red neck gun owners.

Obama’s Treasury paid insurers $3 billion without explanation and without Congressional authorization – yet another annoying Constitution clause ignored.

This is just stuff that came out this week.  And I’m sure I’ve missed something.  Who can keep up with all of Obama’s lawlessness and attacks on our freedoms?

I knew we had a lawless president.  But I had hoped that the past election and his lame duck status would have constrained him.  Instead, his last election past, he is all the more throwing off the restraint of the Constitution and the rule of law.

I fear for my country . . . and for myself.


By the way, in part for that very reason, I am considering a future change to this blog.  But I will get there when I get there.

No comments: