Tuesday, June 10, 2014

44%

I do not know of a nice, artful way to begin this unhappy post, so I’ll just get right to it.  The latest monthly Gallup Poll on Obama’s numbers has his approval at 44%.  And this is no outlier.  Other polls indicate that is about right.

What that means is after IRS Targeting, Benghazi, racist Justice Department policies, years of a weak economy, and outright tyranny, about 44% of the American people are still okay with Obama.  Further, in the midst of the VA Scandal, the Bergdahl debacle, the EPA’s attack on our economy, and the continuing Obamacare cramdown, 44% approve of Obama’s performance.

I used to fear what the Obama regime would do to the United States.  Now I fear what the people of the United States will do to this country.  Apparently at least 40% are so ignorant, foolish, looting, evil, bigoted, complacent, Fed-worshiping, and/or power hungry that they approve of Fed tyranny and incompetence as we are now experiencing under Obama.  I’m sorry; I cannot sugarcoat this or find excuses.  One can massage the numbers, take into account intensity, probable voters, etc., but I, for one, cannot escape what these numbers say about far too many of the people of the United States.

I am well aware this post will offend people.  But I know of no nice way to face up to what the American people have become.  Far too many of us are scarcely American anymore.  Our fathers fought tyranny.  Now 44% of us approve of it.  And that even after being given reason after reason after reason to condemn it.

Now I am not talking about all who voted for Obama.  I can certainly understand how someone could vote for him, particularly back in 2008.  And a number of those see that they erred.  What disturbs me are the numbers of those who still approve of his performance, his tyranny.

A populace such as that is difficult for any nation to overcome and still remain free.

Yes, I am close to despair about the future of the United States.

---

Housekeeping: This morning I noticed a number of legit comments in recent months that apparently did not get published.  I do not know what happened, but I do apologize.

1 comment:

Tregonsee said...

If this battle is truly lost, it was lost in our schools. Children today are not taught to think, but to feel. The result is that "means well" trumps any deficiency in performance. It is very hard to discuss politics with someone under about 35 because the assumptions are so different.