Wednesday, July 31, 2013

On Subdeacons


From the authoritative Low Churchmans’s Guide to the Solemn High Mass:

In a sensible society, a person who believed himself to be Napoleon, King Arthur, or a buttered scone would be committed to an asylum. Among ritualists, however, those deluded individuals who believe themselves to be “subdeacons" are given positions of great honour and prestige.

In short, the subdeacon is “an imaginary creature.”  And who am I to disagree? ;)

If any are concerned that I have become an imaginary creature, my life has been interesting this week (in a good way) and I have been less inspired than usual to rant.  Hence I am posting less frequently . . . at the moment.

This is a good time to warn, er, remind readers that I tweet more often than I blog now.

No comments: