Thursday, April 27, 2006

More on Open Letter to Lord Carey

Here are interesting interviews from Australia on the aforementioned open letter to Lord Carey asking him to shut up be a nice Anglican.

Some items of note:

The letter originated in Australia. And a number of Australian signers are listed at the end. As a fan of Oz, I’m disappointed.

Both one of the protagonists and Lord Carey note that ++Carey was invited by Virginia Bishop Lee to confirm candidates unhappy with +Lee’s leadership. (I had forgotten that, myself.) So how is that in any way undermining +Lee’s or ++Rowan’s authority? I would think Lord Carey’s invited intervention helps keep those confirmed and their families to stay in the Anglican Communion.

Seeing the confirmation was a major complaint of the letter brings out the baseless nature of said letter.

I’m conserving my energy (which seems to be doing better), so I’ll refrain from further snarkiness.

No comments: