Wednesday, June 05, 2019

D-Day With The Queen

I hesitate to post on the 75thAnniversary of D-Day; so much has already been said.  But I cannot let it pass.
Those who reinvaded Europe on D-Day were amazing and courageous.  And so many of them lost their lives for the freedom of the West.

To have served in World War 2 and to have survived to this day is also amazing.  Few can say that now.  Not many are still living.
But one of them is The Queen.  And she seems able and willing to outlive us all!

I enjoyed her brief speech today, particularly when she said in her typically understated way the equivalent of “I’m still here.”
God bless the souls of those who served and have passed on as well as those few who remain.  And God save The Queen!
---
Housekeeping:

Due to a flood of spam comments, I with regret have restricted comments to only google users at least for a time.

I hope a better way to stop the spam arises as I want to post any legitimate comment from anyone.  Advice is welcome.


More Housekeeping: The previous video link went dead, do I posted a better one.

No comments: