Thursday, January 24, 2013

Letting the “Pro-Choice” Mask Slip


The pro-abortion crowd usually does their best to dance around the fact that abortion involves two lives, that of both mother and child.  But on occasion they will let their mask slip. 

The first time I can remember seeing such slippage was while perusing the appendix of the Human Life Bill hearings back in 1981.  (Yes. I was quite a political nerd back then.)  I have no idea where I have misplaced that tome and do not remember the names, but in said appendix was a letter from a head of a pro-abortion organization breezily stating that the question of whether the unborn child is a living human being was irrelevant.  That was an eye opener.

Much more recently, Salon, namely Mary Elizabeth Williams, has let the mask slip again:

I never wavered for a moment in the belief that I was carrying a human life inside of me. I believe that’s what a fetus is: a human life. And that doesn’t make me one iota less solidly pro-choice.

Well, at least she is honest.  And honesty can be a rare commodity amongst the “pro-choice” crowd.

But her admission confirms that the advocates of unfettered abortion, particularly those who think those of us who oppose abortion should be compelled to help provide it, do not care so much about choice as they disregard the sanctity of life.

No comments: