Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quick History Lesson: FDR, the Depression and Tax Slavery

This week was the 65th anniversary of the death of Franklin Roosevelt. Trust me when I say I have not been marking the occasion. Really didn’t even notice it until this morning.

But I will take the occasion to remind people that the myth that Roosevelt ended the Great Depression is just that, a myth. Well, maybe he helped end the Depression . . . by dying and making it easier for the country to roll back his radical policies to some extent.

But before his demise, he surely made the Depression worse by, among other things, raising the top income tax rate to 94%. That is not a misprint: 94%. Did your FDR worshipping history textbook tell you that? I didn’t think so.

And yet, Democrats still worship the man. For they are still the party of slavery, tax slavery.

No comments: