Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lent Links

I hope your Lent is off to a good start. To assist you, here is Lent Link City.

I’ve found this brief essay on fasting by Rev. Burzumato particularly helpful. In fact, it prompted me to make today my first Ash Wednesday fast. I plan to abstain from solid food until dinner.

(I know, not an especially demanding fast. But you don’t want to be around me if my blood sugar gets low. Heck, I don’t like being around me if my blood sugar gets low.)

By the way, Rev. Burzumato is the rector of St. Andrew’s in Savannah, which just joined the Reformed Episcopal Church. I would thank him except my body has been craving my morning cereal.


UPDATE: Well, this is a bit embarrassing, but I modified my fast at lunch. I wasn’t doing well. It was more than just hunger. So I thought it better to change it to just a meatless fast than to be listless and achy all day. That’s not much of a fast though. Some days, I go without meat simply because I want to.

I’ve fasted before. And I’m careful in selecting my fasts both because of health and of wanting to keep my commitments. But my body was acting differently this time for some reason. Oh well.

Yes, I’m a wimp.

No comments: