Friday, March 13, 2009

Obama’s Lies and Leftism Aren’t Going Over So Well Now.

Last month, I mentioned that I found listening to Obama interesting whereas I muted Bill Clinton for years because of his predictable, smarmy lying.

Well, now I find Obama becoming Clintonesque. I endured listened to his appearance before the Business Roundtable yesterday. (I felt I needed to because of my Capitalist profession.) The President was long-winded like Big Bill. He just wouldn’t shut up! And he once again demonstrated that he is capable of saying anything. This line stood out (Please swallow all liquids, and be sure hysterical laughter will not get you in trouble before reading the following.):

I don’t like the idea of spending more government money, nor am I interested in expanding government’s role.

Like I said, the man will say anything. Moreover, I think we are seeing the Big Lie technique in action.

But I am glad to note that Obama’s lies and Leftism are so over the top, that some in Congress, even some Democrats, are pushing back and are in more of a mood to say “No” to Obama’s excesses. For one thing, I think reducing the charitable tax deduction is dead. Thanks be to God.

By the way, I think the push back is one (of several) factors behind the market rally this week.

And polls indicate people are catching on to Obama’s excesses. I expect that trend to continue. And, for the sake of our nation’s future, it needs to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot bear to listen to Obama or Ophra...or RW, KJS, VGR, et al. As the Archbishop of the Sudan said, we are not obliged to listen to them.

Thanks for giving us a run-down on their doings and sayings and saving us the pain and suffering.

Mark said...

You're welcome. :)

wannabe