Thursday, December 15, 2005

I like Christmas lights.

This is the first Christmas at home for me since I was a kid. So I decided to put up some Christmas lights for the first time. I like them. For some reason, they give me a warm feeling. I even kept them on all night, so I’d see them when I woke up from time to time.

I’ve always liked Christmas lights. I remember my mom driving us around to look at them. And she gave me my own Christmas tree with lights for my room. She even let me have the tacky red flocking on it that was big in the 60’s and that I liked (maybe so our big tree could be normal).

That’s probably part of the reason I like lights. They make me recapture that childhood feeling of Christmas awe. Plus they are just pretty.

But I’m not ever going to be one of those who get into Christmas light competitions with neighbors. ;^)

No comments: