Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Well, I’m back to what passes for normalcy in my life. I have kept up with my reading this past week, and there is so much that I could write on, I hardly know where to start.

Some of my reading has been the latest issue of First Things. This issue seems even better than First Things’ usual high standards.

Fr. Richard Neuhaus’ commentary on the handling of U. S. Catholic crisis has been excellent and courageous and is so again in this issue. It takes guts and clarity to say what he has said.

I could say so much more. Just go out and get the June/July issue. (Of, if you’re poor, their site posts articles from past issues.)

I’ve also been reading Evangelicals on the Canterbury Trail. (Sounds like me, doesn’t it?) It has its strengths and weaknesses. I may comment on it at a later date.

No comments: