Saturday, June 05, 2004

Big News in Anglicanism

A clever boy at a disreputable message board I frequent pointed out that the above is an oxymoron. But I think there is actually big news in North American Anglicanism this week, and not just bad news.

The Plano-West conference has called upon the Primates to create a new North American Anglican province should the ECUSA not repent. Here’s the Plano-West statement with comments.

I see this as significant as it’s the first official plea for a new North American province that I’m aware of. Now some may question whether this is good news. But I think it’s become quite clear that for orthodox Anglicanism to thrive in North America, there must be a serious realignment that provides a place for the orthodox out from under the thumbs of liberal bishops.

Stay tuned and keep praying.

No comments: