Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The battle over Kerry’s military record

I wish I would have posted it at the time, so I would look all the more prophetic now. But when I watched the last night of the Democrat convention, the main purpose of which was to portray John Kerry as a military war hero “reporting for duty,� I thought, “Wow, this is a gamble!� For I knew that Kerry’s record both in the military and as an anti-war activist was hotly disputed behind the scenes.

Well, now we’ll see how that gamble works out. For the dispute has finally gotten too big for the news media to ignore. I freely concede this could play out in Kerry’s favor. There are plenty who would dismiss the attack on Kerry’s truthfulness as dirty campaigning. I do think the attacks are justified and fair game in light of Kerry wrapping himself in his supposed war hero status and in light of, well, the facts. But people aren’t flocking to ask me. And I only have one vote and don’t have a T.V. camera pointed at me most of the time.

Anyway, a number of blogs are following this matter closely. Go over to titusonenine for some salient links to both sides of the battle.

I do have to add one more thing. Move-on, Michael Moore, George Soros and a multitude of other assorted lefties have been vilifying Bush for months, with some even calling him “Bushitler.� So take any indignation from them over the questioning of Kerry’s honesty and record with a boulder of salt.

No comments: