Thursday, November 05, 2020

To the Victor Belongs the . . . Poison

I am not going to go over the details of the Democrat attempt to steal this election.  It would make for a long and laborious post, and I have been posting a lot of details on my twitter account.  I will say that I told you so about Pennsylvania.  

And I am not going to argue about it here.  Maybe another day and place I will.  But if you disagree that Democrats are trying to steal this election, I will be charitable and recommend you acknowledge at least the perception of an attempt to steal the election and read on.

I will say, as I have warned, that the move to mail-in voting invited this mess even if I am wrong (and I’m not) that there is a Democrat attempt to steal this election.  From personal experience I know mail-in ballots can be impossible to verify.  The shift to mass use of mail-in ballots alone practically guaranteed fraud even if Democrats did not choose to pile more fraud on top of that.

But leaving that aside, this situation has so poisoned the chalice of the presidency that this Trump supporter does not know what would be worse, Trump or Biden “winning.”  Whoever wins will be perceived as illegitimate by at least a third of the country. And that third will be angry.  Hatred of Trump runs deep no matter what he does, and many would (wrongly) think he stole the election. And Democrats have already well earned the hatred of Americans towards them with their refusal to respect the 2016 election, their serial election fraud, their extremism, their disdain for the Constitution, and you don’t want to get me started on all that.

Combine these divisions now becoming worse for the next president with the difficulties he will face with COVID, the economy, and who knows what else, and “winning” the presidency has the seeds of destruction for whichever party wins it.  I predict right now that if Biden “wins,” the 2022 mid-term election will be a bloodbath with Republicans taking the House and more.  Then Republicans will take back the White House in 2024.  And if Trump wins, the next two elections could be just as bad for Republicans, particularly since Trump fatigue is likely.  Hey, I love the guy, but I can see people getting really tired of him.

When I step back from the present, I wonder if God is allowing this mess in order to give the country enough of a taste of Democrat rule so that we come to our senses and cast out the Democrats and force them to reform or else.  Maybe that is wishful thinking, and we certainly neither deserve God’s providence and mercy. But God does act “in strange ways” as the old saying goes.

In any case, the chalice of presidential victory has now been so thoroughly poisoned that I am not that sure I want Trump to succeed in pulling this out (even though I very much support his efforts to thwart the fraud).  That even though I think a Biden/Harris presidency will be awful for the country. 

Pray.

No comments: