Friday, January 31, 2020

Happy Brexit Day!

With my UK friends, I celebrate tonight’s departure of Great Britain from the European Union.  (Hey I know not all British are thrilled about it, but use it as an excuse to celebrate anyway. And, hey, if you’ve been stockpiling, you are in a great position to throw a party!)
I marked the occasion in Anglican fashion this morning by singing a Te Deum in my home chapel.
And I not only thank God, I salute Nigel Farage.  Without his efforts through the years, there would be no Brexit.
Speaking of whom, here are two videos that are must watches. First is Farage’s final speech to the EU Parliament.  Note the pettiness of the EU to the very end.  But Farage goes out with a smile anyway.
Second is Farage’s press conference before the EU vote on the Brexit deal.  Not only was Farage in relaxed, high form, but he went through a lot of interesting recent history.  Even if one dislikes Farage, anyone with interest in modern UK history should watch. For one thing, note his admission that he hammed it up a bit for YouTube. 

No comments: