Monday, March 25, 2019

Post-Mueller Report Weekend Thoughts

(Apologies to those who come here for something more closely related to Anglicanism.  I have been pretty good about doing that as I intended since I shifted the emphasis of this blog.  But I’ve said so much here about the attempted coup against Trump in the past that I felt I should follow up on the events of this past weekend.  If this does not interest you, it will not offend me at all if you skip this post.)
I hesitate to post anything about this past weekend’s release of the Mueller Report.  So much has been said by others already.  But I’ve commented not a little on the attempted coup against Trump in the past, so I feel like I should say something.
First and most important, yes, there has been – and, as William Jacobson points out, will continue to be – an attempted coup against Trump and against constitutional democracy.  I called it such very early, well before Trump was inaugurated, and events since have borne out that evaluation well. Further the coup came from the depths of the FBI and the CIA in the Obama Administration.  As tinfoil hattish as that may all sound, there is hardly any denying it now.
For the sake of our future as a country, there has to be a price to pay for this.  I agree with Kimberly Strassel and others that the role of the FBI, the DOJ, and the CIA among others must be investigated and am glad to see Sen. Lindsey Graham seems rather eager to do just that.
 
But I am not holding my breath that justice will be done in Congress or the courts.  There is too much a two-tier justice system in place.  That there has not been one indictment for the corruption of the Obama Administration speaks volumes about that.

So justice will have to carried out at the ballot boxes in 2020 in both the primaries and general elections. Democrats and their RINO faux conservative enablers must be punished.  I fear for our future as a country if they are not.  The political punishment has to be so severe that in the future, the likes of Obama, Hillary, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Schiff etc. will think twice about attempting a coup against the people, their votes, and their constitutional democracy.  I suspect the current attempted coup will end only then.

No comments: