Tuesday, May 14, 2013

IRS Leaked Confidential Records of Conservatives


I had a very pleasant day yesterday.  I took some boys to the beach; they had a great time; and I somehow was able to keep up with them somewhat although I was not 100%.

Since I was not 100% (and the water was still cold from a freakishly cool Spring) I did not swim.

But when I finally got home and caught up on the day’s news, my head swam with the new revelations about Obama Administration misconduct (in addition to the Gosnell verdict.   Kudos to the jury.).  I am reminded of a brilliant comment I read the other day: “Can we concentrate on one impeachable offense at a time please?”

So I will concentrate on what I find the most egregious of the revelations yesterday.  The IRS leaked confidential records of conservative groups, including donor lists, to political adversaries.  One case:

The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) today renewed its demand that the Internal Revenue Service reveal the identity of the employee or employees responsible for stealing the organization’s confidential Form 990 tax return and leaking it to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC). At the time of the theft, the HRC had long-sought to know the identity of NOM’s major donors and its chief executive was a co-chair of President Obama’s reelection campaign. The Form 990 that was leaked to the HRC contained the identity of numerous major donors to the organization.

Given the demonstrated willingness of activists directly to make life difficult for those who oppose gay marriage, the IRS with its leak practically invited attacks on NOM donors.  Send in the brownshirts!

Other groups exposed to attacks of various sorts by IRS leaks to political enemies include the Texas Public Policy Foundation, Crossroads, and Lord knows who else.

Again, the IRS is Obama’s responsibility at the very least.  And these are the tactics of thuggish regimes . . . which is exactly what we have in the Washington at the moment.

But I’m one of those voices warning of tyranny.  So pay no attention.

1 comment:

Undergroundpewster said...

The fact that nobody has fallen on their sword for all this yet is telling indeed.