Saturday, September 18, 2004

Not so random notes from the past few days

I had a blast on Wednesday catching big surf from Hurricane Ivan, so much so I was a little late for Evening Prayer at Providence Church. Afterwards was the next to last confirmation class. Then, after the class, I noticed Father Ben teaching his son Augustine and another kid how to acolyte (be a part of the service) in the sanctuary. I thought that was neat. Ben and Providence Church make a point to involve kids in the worship, and they get into it.

Since their worship is very traditional, most people wouldn't think kids would get into that. But I guess they're wrong.

It has turned out that I bodyboarded sick . . . three times on Wednesday on Thursday. I suspect that gave me a bad sinus headache overnight. (Being smashed by waves compacts your sinuses.) But I prayed most earnestly and hastily for relief and sleep. And God answered.

I don't know how many times God has answered late night prayers for sleep and/or relief . . . thank God!

No comments: