Thursday, March 05, 2020

About Schumer’s Threats Against Supreme Court Justices UPDATED

This week and today is hectic for me to say the least, and I will have to be to the point, but I cannot let pass Democrat Senate Minority Leader’s Chuck Schumer’s threats against Supreme Court Justices Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.
“Now, we stand here today because behind me, inside the walls of this court, the Supreme Court is hearing arguments, as you know, for the first major abortion right cases since [Justice] Kavanaugh and [Justice] Gorsuch came to the bench. We know what’s at stake. Over the last three years, women’s reproductive rights have come under attack in a way we haven’t seen in modern history. From Louisiana, to Missouri, to Texas, Republican legislatures are waging a war on women, all women, and they’re taking away fundamental rights. I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you, if you go forward with these awful decisions.”
Chief Justice Roberts was right and accurate to call out these remarks as “threatening” and “dangerous.” Schumer directly threatened two Supreme Court Justices if they do not rule how he desires.
And this episode confirms I am right that our political differences have gone far beyond policy disputes.  The integrity of our Constitutional republic is in danger thanks to Democrats like Schumer. They don’t respect elections they don’t win.  They don’t respect the Constitution.  They don’t respect the Supreme Court when it is not their rubber stamp. They attempt a long and repeated coup against an elected President and against us who elected him.  And now Schumer, the Senate Minority Leader no less, threatens Supreme Court Justices in the streets.
For the sake of our future as a country we must punish the Democrats. Censuring Chuck Schumer would only be a start.
Yes, I know that sounds very political.  But it is much more than political.  There are times when a political party or movement is so toxic and dangerous that it must be rendered inviable for the sake of a country. That’s what happened to the British National Party.  It’s what needed to happen any number of times in the 20thCentury. And it needs to happen to the Democrat Party until it learns to respect the Constitution and the rule of law.
Trust that I intend to say more about this whether people like it or not. 

---

"I should not have used the words I used yesterday. They did not come out the way I intended them to. My point was there would be political consequences for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court and newly confirmed justices stripped away a woman’s right to choose," Schumer said on the chamber floor.

Too little.  Too late.  I for one, do not accept said apology.  My point remains.

No comments: