Friday, July 27, 2012

Obama Tries to Scare Women (and fails)


It’s not close to Halloween yet, much less Election Day.  But the Obama campaign is trying to scare women . . . literally.  From their new ad . . . which is pretty much the same as any number of old Democrat ads:

“I’ve never felt this way before, but it’s a scary time to be a woman,” says 30-something “Jenni.” “Mitt Romney is just so out of touch.”
A female narrator chimes in: “Romney opposes requiring insurance coverage for contraception and Romney supports overturning Roe vs. Wade. Romney backed a bill that outlawed all abortion, even in cases of rape and incest.”

Mitt Romney is out there and it’s so scaaaaary!  Boo!  Be scared!

Puleease.

Oh, and that claim about Romney opposing exceptions for rape and incest? Not true.  I know. A Democrat campaign lying is just so shocking.  Politifact gave that part of the ad a “Pants on Fire” rating.

As for expecting women (and men) to pay for their own contraception being “scary,” I would hope there are lot of women out there who find that part of the ad downright insulting.  The woman at the first link certainly does.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I'm a woman and I think it's silly that the DNC believe we all think the same.
I care about the economy and free enterprise. I care about brainy jobs. 'Cause we chicks have brains and more brainy jobs are good for women. But apparently because I have boobs and a uterus the DNC believes I'll stop at nothing to make sure somebody (other than me) pays so I can medicate with hormones to make myself infertile, or should I get pregnant kill my child.