Monday, April 30, 2007

A Book on Hillary to Watch

Carl Bernstein of Watergate fame is a few weeks away from a releasing a book that exposes Hillary Clinton as, well, a fibber.

Now I coulda told ya the Clintons are congenital liars. But it’s interesting that at least a few prominent liberals seem to be waking up to that fact. For example, former Clinton donor David Geffen has stated, “The Clintons lie with such ease, it’s troubling.”

Troubling indeed. During the Dark Days of 1992-2000, I would almost automatically turn the sound off when Bill Clinton spoke because I could not endure his constantly lying with such a sincere front. He reminded me of the smartass kid who could tell the most brazen lies with such a straight face, it almost made you want to believe him.

Now I could get snarky that a few liberals are waking up to this endearing Clinton trait. But I’ll just say it’s interesting . . . and that the fall out from Bernstein’s book A Woman in Charge: The Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton will be interesting to watch. Hillary is already losing support to Obama. This book can’t help.


Hat tip to titusonenine.

No comments: