Friday, December 23, 2005

A big lump of coal for the ACLU

I’ve been in a Christmasy mood lately, really ever since I got back from England. But reading about an excellent ruling from the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals has made my mood even better.

A long time annoyance to me is the myth that the Constitution requires “a wall of separation between church and state.” Well, the court put that myth and its propagators in their place:

Writing for the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, Judge Richard Suhrheinrich said the ACLU's "repeated reference 'to the separation of church and state' ... has grown tiresome. The First Amendment does not demand a wall of separation between church and state."

Yessss! A high court finally has the guts and knowledge of history to come out and tell the truth.

By the way, the ACLU lost the Ten Commandments case 3-0.

I could gloat some more and call for the ACLU lawyers to be publicly flogged. But they have gotten a pretty good flogging already . . . and it’s Christmas.

And on that note, Merry Christmas to all my kind readers!

No comments: