Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Rita reports and priorities

There’s nothing like deciding what to take with you if you evacuate and what to move to a safer place and what to leave as is to show you what your priorities are.

----

Reports on Rita have been back and forth between scary and reassuring. There’s been predictions of her getting stronger and stronger. Then I read a Weather Service forecast discussion saying the high pressure is stronger than expected and will likely steer her further south . . . closer to me. But later I read there’s more of a consensus that she’ll hit between here and Houston.

All this has me more nervous than excited. Like I said, I’d like to experience a hurricane someday. But anything above Cat. 3 is a bit much. I’d prefer to keep my place intact, thank you.

Wow, now I just heard Cat. 5 is expected at least while she’s out in the Gulf. Like I said – back and forth.

And it’s nice and sunny out this morning.

No comments: