Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rita a Cat. 4?

The Weather Service now thinks Rita will become a Category 4 hurricane. Since I’m not at all far from its predicted path, I’d rather it not get that strong.

And I have my doubts it will. There is a lot of dry air in the Gulf now. Dry air is usually tough on hurricanes.

The Weather Service was wrong and I right on Katrina. (I expected Katrina to go further west and become stronger than they predicted for the first two or three days of that hurricane.) We'll see who's right on this one.

I’ve been doing a bit yesterday and today to prepare. (Kudos to Home Depot for having lots of hurricane supplies when I visited.) And my place was built with hurricanes in mind. And I’m going to do more to prepare, such as move a bunch of stuff downstairs off the floor.

But I really don’t want to mess with a Cat. 4.

No comments: