Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A spooky announcement about this Easter

I’m a bit foggy of mind this morning. So instead of my usual intellect-packed post, I will go ahead and make an unusual announcement.

This Easter will be a very special one for me. Not only will it will be my first Easter as a confirmed Anglican, not only will it be it be my birthday, it will be the 30th anniversary of my first profession of faith.

When you look at a church calendar and see that March 27th Easters are quite unusual, it makes this coincidence downright spooky.

In any case, I intend to celebrate. And I’m open to suggestions. I’m probably going to St. David’s Denton Easter morning and hope to have lunch with friends afterwards. But I also intend to do something Saturday and Sunday nights. I might go to Christ Church Plano Saturday night and Denton Bible Sunday night. And I’ll be participating very much in Holy Week as a whole, of course. But nothing’s in concrete yet.

Any suggestions for the special day and week?

No comments: