Monday, January 17, 2005

Ephesians

Along with the 1928 BCP Morning Prayer, I’ve been reading Ephesians . . . well, somewhat along as I fall a little behind as usual.

I’ve read Ephesians several times at least, but it still always blows my mind. It’s like a peep to the throne into God’s will for us. And God’s will is awesome way beyond comprehension. I read Paul’s prayer of 3:14-21 during my Morning Prayer today, and it amazed me. Verse 16 especially grabbed me where Paul prays “that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man.”

That’s some serious power God desires for us, is it not? I would not dare to pray such things if they weren’t right there in God’s word. How amazing is His will for us indeed!

No comments: