Thursday, November 04, 2004

Tom Brokaw’s comments

Sorry this has been a political blog. Actually, no I’m not, because this election was important. And it was an important juncture in my life, I think. But I will nudge this blog back to that other dangerous subject – religion.

Speaking of religion and politics, I caught some prescient comments from Tom Brokaw yesterday morning. I’ve bashed the news media a bit, but yesterday morning he was right on.

In so many words, he said that Democrats have been putting down, or at best ignoring, evangelical types and their values for years. He said many Democrats don’t even understand evangelicals at all. And in this election, it came back to bite them.

Brokaw is right on target.

I wish I had a transcript to show you. If anyone comes across one online, please post it in the comments. Thanks.

No comments: