Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Jemar Tisby Thinks You Crackers Are Bad for Mental Health

I think I should say right away that this is not satire:

You know I am with Jemar on this.  Some white people drive me crazy.  Darn crackers.  But then so do people of various colors.  Heck people of all ethnicities annoy me.  I am very multiethnic and multicultural that way.
But in all seriousness, flip the colors, and Tisby’s tweet is racist.  Because Tisby’s tweet is racist.  If some white guy told me he doesn’t like working around black people, and it makes him uncomfortable, I would tell him I appreciate his honesty, but he needs to get his mind right.  I would not coddle his racism.  Nor would I advise his employers pay for therapy for his attitude.
But the nice thing about critical race theory is you can be as prejudiced as all get out, and it’s not racism . . . as long as you’re not white and your prejudice is against whites.  Heck, if you are a black racist, it’s Whitey’s fault, and you’re not racist. Critical race theory says so.
Yes, critical race theory enables racism.
Anyway if you think this nonsense is just a LibChurch thing, think again.  Tisby is the bee’s knees among The Evangelical Church of What’s Happening Now, including in ACNA’s – and, you guessed it, Esau McCaulley’s – Anglican Multi-Ethnic Network (AMEN).  AMEN ran a glowing review, practically a promotion, of Tisby’s big book, The Color of Compromise.  As most of you know, the book is a critical race theory grievancefest.
So laugh if you want – and it is absurd.  But then wake up.  Because this critical race theory madness has probably infected your church. And it is toxic.
Now you honkies leave me alone.  You bother me.
---
A hat tip to Reformation Charlotte, even the crackers there.

No comments: