Saturday, November 17, 2018

A Hat Tip to Oxford Orthodox and St. Theosevia House

Today, I attended an excellent Study Day at St. Theosevia House here in Oxford.  The topic was Non-Jurors and their discussions about communion with the Eastern Orthodox (discussions which ended in failure in 1725). By the way, Theosevia House does not advertise it much on their site, but after attending, it is clear it is run mainly by Orthodox, and it is next door to an Orthodox church.  So hats off to them.
The three lectures, including the final one by Metropolitan Kallistos Ware himself, were all very interesting and informative.  That they held my attention well is saying something as my attention span rarely can handle that many talks in one day.  (Now there were two questioners in the audience that did test my patience, but I can’t blame St. Theosevia House for that.)  I notice the lectures were being filmed, so perhaps they may be posted online later, but I am unsure.
So if you do find yourself in the Oxford area, checking out what the St. Theosevia Centre for Christian Sprituality has going on may be worth your while.  It certainly was mine and more.

No comments: