Wednesday, May 19, 2004

The stock markets had me preoccupied this morning (in a good way). So I don’t know if I’ll get around to doing much of a post.

But I will make time to listen to Choral Evensong on BBC Radio 3, which is about to come on as I write this. If you like traditional Anglican church music, you’ll LOVE this most weeks. Some weeks, the choir tries to get a little modern, but oh well.

It comes on at 4pm London time, 10am Dallas time on Wednesdays. The streaming internet feed is usually good quality. And you can listen to a replay anytime during the week.

This week, it’s from Christ Church Cathedral in Oxford. I don’t think they are off to a good start. But you must listen when it’s from Kings College, St. Johns, or Westminster.

UPDATE: Christ Church in Oxford was a big strange, especially the closing organ voluntary. But the canticle was excellent.

By request, here's a handy link to BBC Radio 3 Choral Evensong.

No comments: