Friday, August 26, 2016

Hillary’s Hate and the Southern Poverty Law Center

This week, Hillary Clinton pulled out an old tool in the Democrat/Leftist tool box – smearing their opponents as bigots/sexists/homophobes/racists/etc, in short as haters.

But in doing so, Hillary revealed herself to be in league with haters, particularly in citing the Southern Poverty Law Center as a reliable source.

This is not the first time I’ve taken the Southern Poverty Law Center to task.  I’ve noted with both alarm and derision their labeling groups like the Family Research Center as “hate” groups.  Even being a (Sit down now!  This is sooo scary!) “radical traditional Catholic” can get SPLC’s attention.

Really SPLC is a hate group.  Let’s say I label Catholic Charities as a hate group.  Now I oppose much of what Catholic Charities does and that under the guise of Christianity. I would discourage anyone from contributing to them.  But they are no hate group.  But let’s say I went overboard and did smear them as a hate group.  It would then be safe to say I would be the hater.  Flip it and you get the Southern Poverty Law Center.  They smear right of center and Christian groups that have nothing to do with hate and lump them in with Nazis and the KKK.

Hillary cited SPLC in attacking Breitbart News:

It's truly hard to believe, but according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups, Breitbart embraces “ideas on the extremist fringe of the conservative right."

Breitbart is not my main news source, but I am familiar with them.  And I find nothing hateful or extremist about them.  Hillary and SPLC are being the haters here.

Let’s look at two more examples of hate from the Southern Poverty Law Center.  I look at their famous hate map and find Probe Ministries of Plano, Texas is supposedly a hate group.  Probe Ministries?!?  I heard of that group for decades and have seen nothing hateful from them.  Just the opposite.   Their purpose to serve as winsome reasonable apologists for the faith and for Christian teaching.  That gets them smeared as an anti-gay hate group by SPLC, yet Probe advocates love for gays.  But Probe stands firm in not recognizing gay marriage, and that’s hate, don’tca know.

This made me wonder if SPLC has targeted David Barton.  I’ve long been a fan of his, attending two of his wonderful history workshops in my younger days.  Well, I searched on SPLC’s website and I found this smear piece on Barton under a masthead of “hatewatch” of course.  More SPLC smears and hate.

Again, the Southern Poverty Law Center is a vicious Leftist hate group using “hate” to smear political opponents who have nothing to do with hate.  And Hillary, by her own admission, is just fine with that.

Back in 2011, I gave the following warning, and, with Hillary on the verge of the White House, it bears repeating:

Totalitarians of both Left and Right have a long history of vilifying those they later repress. To think the SPLC and like-minded Leftists have no intent of taking freedoms from those of us who oppose gay marriage or unrestricted immigration and may be a bit “radical” and traditional in our Christian views would be naïve indeed – dangerously so.

No comments: