Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When Anthony Kennedy channels Robert Bork

First, I apologize if any missed me yesterday. I had a busy morning and not much energy the rest of the day. So I doubt anything I would have written would have been worth reading.

But I thought about posting yesterday anyway. For it was an interesting and very bad day for Obamacare at the Supreme Court. When Justice Anthony Kennedy started channeling Robert Bork, even the Mainstream News Media was alerted that Obamacare just might be in trouble.

Speaking of said Justice, my favorite take on yesterday is Redstate’s Sinners in the Hands of Anthony Kennedy. The wonderfully titled post goes into Kennedy’s questions and statements and the Left’s bad behavior surrounding the Supreme Court and Obamacare.

But the main point Redstate makes is that if “the constitutional integrity of our republic” depends on one man, on swing vote Anthony Kennedy, then our system of government is in a very bad way.

And that is absolutely on target . . . even if Kennedy does channel Robert Bork on a good day.

By the way, Redstate also does a good job handicapping the Obamacare ruling in light of yesterday’s session.

No comments: