Friday, January 13, 2012

Proverbs 30:20 Illustrated

The sheer shamelessness of Democrat National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz never ceases to appall and amaze. On the first anniversary of the Tucson shooting, she used the occasion to blame the Tea Party:


“We need to make sure that we tone things down, particularly in light of the Tucson tragedy from a year ago, where my very good friend, Gabby Giffords — who is doing really well, by the way, — [was shot],” Wasserman Schultz, the Democratic National Committee chair said during a “Politics and Eggs” forum this morning. “The discourse in America, the discourse in Congress in particular . . . has really changed, I’ll tell you. I hesitate to place blame, but I have noticed it take a very precipitous turn towards edginess and lack of civility with the growth of the Tea Party movement.”

Having brought up the Giffords attack as a political cudgel, Wasserman Schultz doubled down on that attack. “You had town hall meetings that they tried to take over, and you saw some their conduct at those tea party meetings,” Wasserman Schultz said today. “When they come and disagree with you, you’re not just wrong, you’re the enemy.”



To his credit, Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus called her out on this, tweeting that she “should apologize immediately for her reckless comments blaming the Tea Party for the horrific Tuscon shooting.”

(By the way, I am not a fan of the RNC. In fact, I’ve twice told them in the past week that I don’t give to RINOs and that they are not to call me. So if you think I’m a sycophant for the RNC, think again.)

Wasserman Schultz’s response? Why, “I’d NEVER politicize Tucson!”

Yeah, right. As Priebus tweeted back, check the transcript.

When I read all this, Proverbs 30:20 came to mind.

So is the way of an adulterous woman; She eateth, and wipeth her mouth, And saith, I have done no wickedness.

Substitute “lying Leftist harpy” for “adulterous woman” and you’ve got Debbie Wasserman Schultz right there.

No comments: