Wednesday, May 04, 2011

What if . . . ?

Late last week, John Burton, the Chairman of the Californicate Democrat Party opined as follows:

In an interview with Bay Area News Group this week, Burton said Brown "can try shooting somebody and tell the next guy, 'You don't want that to happen to you, you better step up and vote.' "... What's Jerry going to do unless he took out a gun?"

Now, the statement itself does not shock me. The Burtons have been political thugs for a long, long time. What shocks me is that I did not hear about this until this morning when catching up on my MCJ reading. The story was out there, but rather quietly I would say if it took this long for it to come to my attention.

Now what if the Chairman of the Texas Republican Party had said Gov. Rick Perry should start shooting Democrats to get them to vote the right way? You know there would be a media frenzy and outrage, ooouuuuttttraaaage!

I guess news media double standards should not shock me any more. But I’m still shaking my head over this one.

No comments: