Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Obama Updates

I’m a bit under the weather, but I want briefly to update on two recent posts.

I assailed President Obama on his vow to close Guantanamo Bay and on his halting of terror trials.

He’s now finding out the hard way that things aren’t so simple. For one thing, some former G Bay detainees have gone back to terror. For another – surprise, surprise – most don’t want terrorists next door.

On the stimulus package, I noted that Obama has the political capital to stop its transformation into a lurid liberal fantasy.

Well, it appears he is using that capital to remove one offending provision, contraceptive funding.

Much, much more needs to be done before we have a reasonable, responsible, effective stimulus package. But this is a start. And I have no problem giving credit to Obama when credit is due.

No comments: