Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Wedding Lector

You’ve probably heard of The Wedding Singer, but the Wedding Lector? Well, now you have. A good friend of mine I’ve known since he was in 6th grade is getting married. And since he knew I was an official REC lector, he invited me to do reading duties in his wedding. His will be one of the few weddings with a certifiable certified lector.

Namely, I’ll be reading Ruth 1:16-17. I’ve decided to read the King James because it is so poetic:

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

Almost makes me want to get married . . . almost.

Since the wedding is on the Eve of the Feast of Pentecost, I’ll be liturgically correct and wear a red tie, of course.

With that and related things going on, I might not post much the next few days.

No comments: