Friday, January 06, 2006

Pat Robertson, please shut up!

I have a confession to make. I used to be an admirer of Pat Robertson. Yes, he’s always been a bit over-the-top. Still, I saw him as a constructive force in society. Note the past tense there. My perception was before he acquired (or exercised more) his current spiritual gift of presumptuous pontification.

Yesterday (after I posted), I heard on the radio that the President of Iran expressed his wish for the death of Ariel Sharon. Anyone want to let him have the bomb? Then, the same evening, I read that Pat Robertson has suggested that Sharon’s stroke is punishment for giving land to the Palestinians.

Wonderful.

One of my pet peeves are bigots who lump Fundamentalist Christians and terrorist Fundamentalist Muslims together. Thanks for feeding that misperception, Pat, with your idiotic statement.

Now, please shut up.

No comments: